Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I've OBVIOUSLY missed my calling!

So for YEARS now, I've been pursuing a degree/certification in the medical field. However I'm almost positive that Ive missed my calling as an event planner! I love to plan baby showers, wedding showers, bachlorette parties, lingerie showers, house warming parties, engagement parties and constantly day dream of what my perfect wedding would be! One day, maybe one day I can stop dreaming about these things and actually get a shot at doing some of the professionally!



Here is the inspiration for a baby shower I'm throwing for a friend of mine in June!






This is the color scheme we are going with! Poppy red and aqua! I LOVE it! however I want to throw in a few more touches of white so its not so overwhelming.
(also I'm pretty sure we have decided to to this little lollipop tree and the suckers will have tags that say "a new baby is so sweet" and it will be the favors!






We will be painting bird houses like this one in our color scheme and using them around the room as our decorations! We've want to pull in the nesting/bird/owl theme in a few little places! Invites, decor, a cake (if we have one)


Let me explain the no cake thing! We've decided to have a cookie and milk bar! Think assortment of warm homemade cookies and cold milk! A cute alternative to traditional cake I think! This is kind of what we have in mind!






So far that's what we've come up with! along with making some tissue poms (as seen on Marthastewart.com and doing something unique with the baby signing book) I plan on posting more as the it comes together! I'm very excited and hope that she LOVES it! Any woman willing to carry a baby around for 10 months, deal with the weight gain, gas, nausea, mood swings, constipation, swelling, and not to mention HELLO? BIRTHING A WATERMELON THROUGH A FIST SIZED HOLE! Deserves an awesome memorable Baby shower! dontcha think? :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a 24 y/o southern peach, born and raised in GA! Ive Been with my awesome BF for almost 2.5 years and going strong! we have 1 furbaby, a Dobbie named Rusty! Im STILL in school and should be done by next summer and have my certification in Surgical Technology! Some of my interests include, crafting (most of all), reading, shopping (although i rarely have time for it) babies and all things babies ( Ive wanted to be an OB or Pediatric nurse since I can remember, pregnancy, birth, and watching a child grow up amazes and intrests me SO much!), photography ( if i thought I could make a living out of it I would NOT be doing what im doing now! Any questions? just ask!